Followers

Subscribe!

Follow me on Facebook!

Blog Nation

Subscribe by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

© Til We Read Again- Bobbie Seacrist. Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, October 9, 2010

Main Read- A -Thon Post!

** ALL POSTS WILL BE IN THIS POST**
Iternet is being shut off to be worked on. I am not sure when I will get back. I will write all my progress done on a sheet of paper and will hopefully be back soon.
Hour 2 Mini Challenge:
My Child Hood Books:
I grew up reading Little House on the Prairie, Anne of Green Gables and Nancy Drew. There was something so special about getting up on Saturday morning, turning on Cartoons and spending the day reading. I spent Saturday nights with my grandmother who was an avid reader like me. Many Saturdays were spent in her living room reading together and eating popcorn. These are still my favorite childhood memories.


Hour 2:
Title of book(s) read since last update:
Still Reading When Crickets Cry
Number of books read since you started:

Half of One
Pages read since last update:

133
Running total of pages read since you started:

133
Amount of time spent reading since last update:

1 hour 45 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!)

1 hour 45 minutes
Mini-challenges completed:

Hour 1 Meme
Other participants you’ve visited:

None Yet
Prize you’ve won:

None

Hour 1 Meme:



Where are you reading from today?
Fever, 1793 by Laurie Anderson 
Hana's Suitcase by Karen Levine 
Irreplaceable by Stephen Lovely 
The Karma Club by Jessica Brody
Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow 
The Shack by William P. Young 
When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin
3 facts about me …
I am a single Mom with two kids
I work for one of largest art licensing companies on the net.
I am Copyright Agent for 100 plus artists.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
8
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
I plan on reading 18 hours.
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Take it easy. Change positions frequently. Keep snacks handy. When you get tired take a break there is no reason to torture yourself. Start with harder books and work down to easier books when you get tired. If you need to sleep, sleep! I promise there is no Dewey Jail and we won't toss you in there:)

'Til We Read Again,
Bobbie

17 comments:

Deborah said...

good luck on the readathon!!! btw i was just wondering if you had gotten the email I had sent on Thursday? we need a response quickly if you have time! thanks!!!

Bobbie said...

Hey Deborah! I didn't get it. I have been having serious internet issues and I think it has effected my e-mail. Could you resend it and I will answer ASAP.

Deborah said...

just resent it...let me know if you don't get it!

Ronnica said...

Happy reading! Hope you're enjoying it thus far!

stacybuckeye said...

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." - Joseph Addison
Have a great workout today :)

Kate {The Parchment Girl} said...

Just stopping by to cheer you on! Looks like you have some great books picked out for the read-a-thon!

joanna said...

Dewey jail, I like that! LOL. I was a Nancy Drew fan too and I loved spending my Saturdays reading. Somethings never change, I guess.

christina said...

Yay for RaT Day!

softdrink said...

(Non)traditional Buddhist readathon blessing:

Just as the books fill the shelves,
Pile together on the floor and stack up on the table
So may the joy of the readathon
Flow forth to brighten your day and lift your spirit.
Books already read, books in progress and books yet to be read.

By the power of every word on the page
May your book be delightful,
As scary as Lovecraft’s Cthulhu
Or as sweet as a box of See’s candy.

Let the power of the images evoked by words
Keep you stay awake long through the night
May no obstacle impede
Your day filled with books.

For all of those who are reading today
Who follow in the path of Dewey
May your day be filled with the four blessings
Of fabulous books, tasty snacks, comfy chairs and joy.

Megan said...

Sorry you are having internet issues, hope those get resolved soon. Just wanted to stop in and say GOOD GOING! With your reading. Hope you are having fun :)

Vasilly said...

Aww. I hope you get your service back soon. We're all rooting for you!

Jamie said...

You got this!!! :) You are doing awesome!! I have Fever 1793 on my shelf and contemplated reading it for readathon!

Anyways, I’m Jamie–one of your cheerleaders ready to cheer you on! Sometimes when I was in college and I would be doing marathon paper writing (not that the readthon isn’t fun!!) I would need just a quick stretch and a laugh and for whatever reason laughing babies always did the trick to make me giggle and then get back done to business! Here’s one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0BaDOm0vVA&feature=related

Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner

softdrink said...

1, 2, 3, 4
Hope your book isn’t a bore
5, 6, 7, 8
And your readathon is going great!

stacybuckeye said...

You're in the home stretch. Happy reading :)

Valerie said...

I, too, have Fever 1793 in my TBR. It probably would have been a good readathon book for me, but I just didn't think of it!

Hope your internet issues work out soon, and that you're enjoying the readathon!

Cass said...

Don't let the late hour
Make you dour:
Just get up and stretch,
You'll feel the best!

Hannah Marie said...

so bummed you haven't gotten your internet all fixed in time. But I still hope your read-a-thon is going well. Just wanted to know I was thinking about you and bummed you didn't have any new posts yet. I'll be excited to read them once your internet decides to stop being dumb. :)

Search

Loading...

About Me

Bobbie
A Book lover that works for artists during the day and reads by night. I love to do book reviews and am always looking for new books to read!
View my complete profile

Contact Me

You can contact me HERE
I am willing to do guest posts and ARC reviews. Please email me if you would like to discuss. Til We Read Again:)
Bobbie

Feeds

Bobbie's to-read book montage

My Name is Mary Sutter
Grace Under Pressure
A Hopeful Heart
Two Guys Read Jane Austen
The Opposite of Me
Jane Austen Ruined My Life
Small Island
In Search of the Kite Runner
The Time Traveler's Wife
Dark Places
Spooky Little Girl
The Wrong Mother: A Novel
The Liars' Club
Swallow the Ocean: A Memoir
Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter
The Glass Castle
The Years Before Anne: The Early Career of Lucy Maud Montgomery, Author of "Anne of Green Gables"
Before Green Gables
Every Secret Thing
In a Strange City


Bobbie's favorite books »

Total Pageviews

Grab A Button

Books Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory