Followers

Subscribe!

Follow me on Facebook!

Blog Nation

Subscribe by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

© Til We Read Again- Bobbie Seacrist. Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Debutante-Blog Tour


About The Debutante

• Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Avon A (October 5, 2010)
A gifted artist, Cate has come to London from New York to escape her recent past. Working for her aunt’s auction house, she is sent down to Devon to value the contents of Endsleigh House, the once gracious but now crumbling estate of a former socialite. There, hidden in the back of a dusty bookshelf, Cate discovers an old shoebox. Inside is a strange assortment of objects: an exquisite pair of dancing shoes circa 1930; a diamond brooch; a photograph of a young sailor; a dance card; and a pearl and emerald Tiffanys bracelet.
Intrigued by her find, Cate sets out to solve the mystery of the box, becoming immersed in the story of its owner, Baby Blythe. Bright, beautiful, and reckless, Baby was the most famous debutante of her generation . . . and the most dangerous. As the clues begin to reveal a shocking tale of destructive, addictive love, Cate finds herself being drawn deeper into Baby’s tragic life story—a story that will force Cate to face some dark truths about her own.

About Kathleen

Born in Pittsburgh, Kathleen Tessaro emigrated to London where she worked as an actress in films, television, and theater, while training to be a drama teacher and voice coach. She is the author of the novels Elegance, Innocence, and The Flirt. Kathleen currently lives in Pennsylvania.

Kathleen Tessaro’s TLC Book Tours TOUR STOPS

Tuesday, October 5th: Rundpinne
Thursday, October 7th: The Lost Entwife
Monday, October 11th: Reviews from the Heart
Tuesday, October 12th: Til We Read Again
Thursday, October 14th: All About {n}
Monday, October 18th: Thoughts From an Evil Overlord
Wednesday, October 20th: Books Like Breathing
Thursday, October 21st: red headed book child
Tuesday, October 26th: Write Meg
Wednesday, October 27th: Daydream Believer
Tuesday, November 2nd: Hospitable Pursuits
Wednesday, November 3rd: Confessions of a Bookaholic
Monday, November 8th: BookstackTuesday,
November 9th: Life in the Thumb

My Review:

Can you eat a book? I mean besides ripping it out page by page and eating the paper? I felt like I did with this book. When I closed the last page I felt like I had just eaten a 8 course meal at a 5 star restaurant and savored each mouthful. Crazy description, uh? It had everything I could want in a book. Intrigue, romance, and delicious socialites. I want to say so much more but I am afraid I will give the whole story away. This book should have the element of surprise and a surprise it is. I looked at the bubblegum cover and thought " Good, I have some fluff reading to read in between my literary masterpieces". How wrong I was. I will admit I liked the past tense more than the present tense but with any multi-course meal you always like some courses more than others. I have Kathleen's book Flirt on hold at the library. If it is anywhere near as good as this one I am in for a real treat.

I would recommend this book to just about anyone because it is that good.

'Til We Read Again,
Bobbie

5 comments:

Hannah Marie said...

Excellent review. And I was surprised that almost everyone before you on the book tour had a high opinion as well (you know, normally at least someone isn't pleased). I had this book on my TBR list from your review, and after reading everyone else's I'm so excited to read it, I want to jump in the car and go buy it now. :) Thanks for the review and the recommendation.

Dizzy C said...

Thanks for the review.
This is on my wishlist.

enjoy ur weekend!

carol

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I'm so glad you liked it! loved it, i should say! im reading it now!

Donna said...

You had me at "auction house." Great review.

heathertlc said...

Oh I know EXACTLY what you mean when you talk about eating a book! This sounds like a great read and you did a perfect job of whetting my appetite. :)

Thanks for being a part of this tour - I'm glad the book was such a hit for you!

Search

Loading...

About Me

Bobbie
A Book lover that works for artists during the day and reads by night. I love to do book reviews and am always looking for new books to read!
View my complete profile

Contact Me

You can contact me HERE
I am willing to do guest posts and ARC reviews. Please email me if you would like to discuss. Til We Read Again:)
Bobbie

Feeds

Bobbie's to-read book montage

My Name is Mary Sutter
Grace Under Pressure
A Hopeful Heart
Two Guys Read Jane Austen
The Opposite of Me
Jane Austen Ruined My Life
Small Island
In Search of the Kite Runner
The Time Traveler's Wife
Dark Places
Spooky Little Girl
The Wrong Mother: A Novel
The Liars' Club
Swallow the Ocean: A Memoir
Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter
The Glass Castle
The Years Before Anne: The Early Career of Lucy Maud Montgomery, Author of "Anne of Green Gables"
Before Green Gables
Every Secret Thing
In a Strange City


Bobbie's favorite books »

Total Pageviews

Grab A Button

Books Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory