Followers

Subscribe!

Follow me on Facebook!

Blog Nation

Subscribe by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

© Til We Read Again- Bobbie Seacrist. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Georgia's Kitchen


At 33, talented chef Georgia Gray has everything a woman could want—the top job at one of Manhattan’s best restaurants, a posse of smart and savvy gal pals who never let her down, and a platinum-set, cushion-cut diamond engagement ring courtesy of Glenn, the handsome entertainment lawyer who Georgia’s overbearing mother can’t wait for her to marry. The table is set for the ambitious bride-to-be until a scathing restaurant review destroys her reputation. To add salt to her wounds, Glenn suddenly calls off the wedding.

Brokenhearted, Georgia escapes to the Italian countryside, where she sharpens her skills at a trattoria run by a world-class chef who seems to have it all—a devoted lover, a magnificent villa, and most importantly, a kitchen of her own. Georgia quells her longings with Italy’s delectable offerings: fine wine, luscious cheeses, cerulean blue skies, and irresistible Gianni, an expert in the vineyard and the bedroom. So when Gianni tempts Georgia to stay in Italy with an offer no sane top chef could refuse, why can’t she say yes?

An appetite for something more looms large in Georgia’s heart – the desire to run her own restaurant in the city she loves. But having left New York with her career in flames, she’ll need to stir up more than just courage if she’s to realize her dreams and find her way home.

About the Author:
Jenny Nelson grew up in Larchmont, NY and graduated with a BA in English Literature from the University of Colorado at Denver. A former web editor and producer, she worked for companies such as iVillage, Vogue.com and Style.com. She lives with her husband, twin daughters and dog in Millbrook, NY and Manhattan. Georgia’s Kitchen is her first novel.

Find Jenny Nelson Here





As you can see from looking around my blog I do not give 5 stars easily. In fact there are very few books I would give a 5 star rating to. So for a book to receive 5 stars from me it has to be  fabulous. Georgia's Kitchen was a fabulous read. It caught my interest from the first page and I found myself turning each page until I found out what happened to Georgia. Nelson has a very good knack for making you feel like you are right there with the characters. One of my goals in life is to visit Italy and while reading the parts when Georgia was in Italy I really felt I was there. I could almost smell the food and feel the vibe from the people. Even though Georgia's life was in a tail spin I felt jealous of her because she was experiencing all of that. 
This book was smart, funny and charming. I would recommend this to anyone that wants a good solid read, romantic but not sappy and that has a female main character that doesn't wally in self pity. I for one was estatic that Georgia did not whine. She felt sorry for herself, yes, but not for long. I cheered her for that. She is the type of character I love to read.  I was very happy when the author said in the back of the book there may be a sequel in a few years. I for one would be the first in line to grab it. I want to know what happens to Georgia in her life. Does she find love? Have a family? Is her restuarant everything she hoped? But most of all is she happy? Because that is what I found myself wanting most, Georgia to be happy.
Teaser Sentence:
* Elena mentioned him and his measurable assets at least ten times. The salami was officially out of its casing*
Fascinating Tidbit:
One of the characters in the book is named Lila Fowler. For all you 30 somethings that read when you were teens probably remember Sweet Valley High and the fact the stuck up snob's name was Lila Fowler. I just thought it was funny considering who this character is:)

3 comments:

Darlyn said...

Out of 5? That must be good!

Emidy (Une Parole) said...

Very nice review! I love how this book is about starting a restaurant. That must be so interesting to read about!

Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This sounds fabulous; thanks so much for the great review.

Search

Loading...

About Me

Bobbie
A Book lover that works for artists during the day and reads by night. I love to do book reviews and am always looking for new books to read!
View my complete profile

Contact Me

You can contact me HERE
I am willing to do guest posts and ARC reviews. Please email me if you would like to discuss. Til We Read Again:)
Bobbie

Feeds

Bobbie's to-read book montage

My Name is Mary Sutter
Grace Under Pressure
A Hopeful Heart
Two Guys Read Jane Austen
The Opposite of Me
Jane Austen Ruined My Life
Small Island
In Search of the Kite Runner
The Time Traveler's Wife
Dark Places
Spooky Little Girl
The Wrong Mother: A Novel
The Liars' Club
Swallow the Ocean: A Memoir
Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter
The Glass Castle
The Years Before Anne: The Early Career of Lucy Maud Montgomery, Author of "Anne of Green Gables"
Before Green Gables
Every Secret Thing
In a Strange City


Bobbie's favorite books »

Total Pageviews

Grab A Button

Books Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory