Followers

Subscribe!

Follow me on Facebook!

Blog Nation

Subscribe by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

© Til We Read Again- Bobbie Seacrist. Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Book of Unholy Mischief Blog Tour

The Book of Unholy Mischief: A NovelIt is 1498, the dawn of the Renaissance, and Venice teems with rumors of an ancient book that holds the secret to unimaginable power. It is an alchemist's dream, with recipes for gold, immortality, and undying love. Everyone, rich and poor alike, speculates about the long-buried secrets scrawled in its pages and where it could possibly be hidden within the labyrinthine city. But while those who seek the book will stop at nothing to get it, those who know will die to protect it.
As a storm of intrigue and desire circles the republic that grew from the sea, Luciano, a penniless orphan with a quick wit and an even faster hand, is plucked up by an illustrious chef and hired, for reasons he cannot yet begin to understand, as an apprentice in the palace kitchen. There, in the lavish home of the most powerful man in Venice, he is initiated into the chef's rich and aromatic world, with all its seductive ingredients and secrets.
Luciano's loyalty to his street friends and the passion he holds for a convent girl named Francesca remain, but it is not long before he, too, is caught up in the madness. After he witnesses a shocking murder in the Palace dining room, he realizes that nothing is as it seems and that no one, not even those he's come to rely on most, can be trusted. Armed with a precocious mind and an insatiable curiosity,
Luciano embarks on a perilous journey to uncover the truth. What he discovers will swing open the shutters of his mind, inflame his deepest desires, and leave an indelible mark on his soul.
Rich with the luxurious colors and textures of Venice, The Book of Unholy Mischief delights the senses and breathes fresh life into an age defined by intellectual revival and artistic vibrancy. A luminous and seductive novel, it is, at its heart, a high-spirited tribute to the fruits of knowledge and the extraordinary power of those who hold its key. In a world of violence an d in trigue, who guards the truth?

Which Cover do you prefer?
US:
The Book of Unholy Mischief: A Novel

UK




















To be honest the UK edition speaks more of the story the the US edition. I feel as though the boy running is Luciano and I feel the desperation he felt so many times.

My Review:
In this book everyone is wanting a potion. Our story teller Luciano wants a love potion. This got me to thinking about what I would want if someone offered me a "magic potion"? Would I want wealth? Knowledge? Happiness? Love? I am not sure and I am so glad I am not faced with really figuring it out. This book took a little bit to get into and I will admit I was a little confused at first. Once I got into it though things really started to flow and I found myself understanding a little more about what was happening. I do not read many books set in this time period so it was very interesting to learn how things were done then. There is a lot of food, a lot of mystery, some magic and a little love in this book. I very much appreciated the way the author wove an interesting story. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys ancient history, a little mystery and a little love. Definitely more of a winter read:) Also, I am not sure I will ever view peeling an onion the same way again;) 

Elle Newmark's Website: http://www.ellenewmark.com/book.php



0 comments:

Search

Loading...

About Me

Bobbie
A Book lover that works for artists during the day and reads by night. I love to do book reviews and am always looking for new books to read!
View my complete profile

Contact Me

You can contact me HERE
I am willing to do guest posts and ARC reviews. Please email me if you would like to discuss. Til We Read Again:)
Bobbie

Feeds

Bobbie's to-read book montage

My Name is Mary Sutter
Grace Under Pressure
A Hopeful Heart
Two Guys Read Jane Austen
The Opposite of Me
Jane Austen Ruined My Life
Small Island
In Search of the Kite Runner
The Time Traveler's Wife
Dark Places
Spooky Little Girl
The Wrong Mother: A Novel
The Liars' Club
Swallow the Ocean: A Memoir
Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter
The Glass Castle
The Years Before Anne: The Early Career of Lucy Maud Montgomery, Author of "Anne of Green Gables"
Before Green Gables
Every Secret Thing
In a Strange City


Bobbie's favorite books »

Total Pageviews

Grab A Button

Books Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory