Followers

Subscribe!

Follow me on Facebook!

Blog Nation

Subscribe by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

© Til We Read Again- Bobbie Seacrist. Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, September 25, 2010

Banned Book Week


the week of September 25th through October 2nd 'Til We Read Again will be participating in Banned Books Week. I am doing this to raise awareness of books that have been added to a ban list. Thankfully a lot of the books have not been banned thanks to individuals that have fought for the right to keep these books accessible and on the library shelves. Everyone should have the right to read a book regardless of whether or not someone else agrees with it. Authors should be able to write what they feel and express themselves without the worry of persecution from other individuals.  

What will I be doing this week? I have a couple of things planned.  I have chosen 3 books that are on the ban list to read and review. I will be doing the reviews this week. Also, I will be doing some posts and including books from the ban list a long with why they may have ended up on there. Lastly in these posts I will be adding information about different websites where you can read about these books and about Banned Books Week.

'Til We Read Again,
Bobbie

4 comments:

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

Good for you! I just checked out the website and looked at the most recently "challenged" books. Working in bookstores for as long as I have, i used to get so many customers telling me what should and should not be on our shelves.

24/7 said...

Hi Bobbie! Just checking in! I was reading about this yesterday! But I couldn't decide if I should blog about it..Maybe I will!

Hannah
http://abouteverything-hannah.blogspot.com

Phantom Paragrapher said...

Hi , Im a new follower. Love the site check out mine www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com
Ive reviewed
Vampire Academy as my Banned Book (Frostbite) for this year.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Great post! I love celebrating Banned Books Week and actually have been saddened that the 4 book stores I have checked out this past week as well as my local library did not nothing for this week.

Search

Loading...

About Me

Bobbie
A Book lover that works for artists during the day and reads by night. I love to do book reviews and am always looking for new books to read!
View my complete profile

Contact Me

You can contact me HERE
I am willing to do guest posts and ARC reviews. Please email me if you would like to discuss. Til We Read Again:)
Bobbie

Feeds

Bobbie's to-read book montage

My Name is Mary Sutter
Grace Under Pressure
A Hopeful Heart
Two Guys Read Jane Austen
The Opposite of Me
Jane Austen Ruined My Life
Small Island
In Search of the Kite Runner
The Time Traveler's Wife
Dark Places
Spooky Little Girl
The Wrong Mother: A Novel
The Liars' Club
Swallow the Ocean: A Memoir
Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter
The Glass Castle
The Years Before Anne: The Early Career of Lucy Maud Montgomery, Author of "Anne of Green Gables"
Before Green Gables
Every Secret Thing
In a Strange City


Bobbie's favorite books »

Total Pageviews

Grab A Button

Books Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory