Followers

Subscribe!

Follow me on Facebook!

Blog Nation

Subscribe by Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

© Til We Read Again- Bobbie Seacrist. Powered by Blogger.
Friday, May 28, 2010

Trip To New York:)

I meant to post this yesterday but the bus ride really messed my back up so I was in bed most of the day, lol. First off let me start by saying if you have an opportunity to see Memphis The Musical, go! It was phenomenal and the cast is so talented. I was enthralled from the start. It was such a rare opportunity and I enjoyed it a lot. Now for pictures, whoo hoo!

First I have to tell you about the cutest little library I saw going into New York. I wanted so bad to go inside and have a look around.

This was my first view of New York City, what a welcome:

The bus dropped us off on a side street and we had to walk a block to get to Times Square. This is what I saw when I got to the corner. I just stopped and gawked, lol. I have never seen such big buildings or so many digital advertisements. A lot of them changed ever few minutes and I was very enthralled with that lol. There was so many limos, taxi's and these guys that rode on bikes with wagons on the back. I am riding one of those when I go back:)

We hit a few traffic jams along the way and we only had an hour to sight see. So naturally my daughter wanted to go to the Toys R Us. It is one of the largest in the US and is two stories. Here is the front:

Big Picture of Woody:)


 On the second floor is a huge life size Barbie Dream House. So that was the first stop. I collect Barbie's and have hundreds:) Thankfully Dakotah loves Barbie as much as I do. Here is the front of the house:

Here is Dakotah in front of the many cases full of Barbie's


After we finished at Toys R Us ( I was proud we didn't spend a lot of money) we went back down the street toward the venue that we would be seeing Memphis. It was already crowded 45 minutes before show time. It looked like it was the hottest ticket in town. Here is the Marquee:

The Front of the Theater:

 You can read the full synopsis HERE.  The actor that played Huey reminded me a little bit of Heath Ledger doing his Joker role in Batman. He tended to take big breaths before speaking and it kind of irritated me at times. Also, he acted like he was drunk most of the musical which I guess is what he was supposed to do but I felt it didn't really lend anything to the musical. Just kind of made him look crazy. In all fairness though, he was crazy. We went into this musical blind and even the teacher didn't know what was going to happen. This is not a kid friendly musical. There was a lot of cussing, some sexy dancing, and had some adult themes. My daughter was kind of embarrassed a couple of times and did not enjoy the cussing. IMO though even with its minor quirks it was an excellent musical for adults and I would love to go again. However, I would definitely make it an adult only night out. If you are looking for a family friendly musical may I suggest:

Mary Poppins The Musical  which is getting rave reviews and I did talk to some locals that said it was amazing and a must see.
For older kids I would suggest The Addams Family Musical starring Nathan Lane, who is so amazing, and it looks fabulous.

After the musical we boarded the busses for home. Going down the road I got to witness this car. It was an advertisement for a bar/restaurant called Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Judging from the website this is a must see attraction the next time we go to New York.  You can see the website HERE


I didn't get a picture of the trunk but it also had a mummy and the mummy's hand was on the lid like it was trying to close it.

All in all it was a fabulous time and now that I have a taste for New York I will definitely go back. After all I still did not get a piece of New York Pizza:)

Til We Read Again,

3 comments:

Julie P said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I so want to go to NY sometime! I've seen it only in books and movies...and photographs. Loved your photos.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

April said...

What delightful pictures!!! It makes my ache to go to NY even deeper! I am glad that you had a good time!

Search

Loading...

About Me

Bobbie
A Book lover that works for artists during the day and reads by night. I love to do book reviews and am always looking for new books to read!
View my complete profile

Contact Me

You can contact me HERE
I am willing to do guest posts and ARC reviews. Please email me if you would like to discuss. Til We Read Again:)
Bobbie

Feeds

Bobbie's to-read book montage

My Name is Mary Sutter
Grace Under Pressure
A Hopeful Heart
Two Guys Read Jane Austen
The Opposite of Me
Jane Austen Ruined My Life
Small Island
In Search of the Kite Runner
The Time Traveler's Wife
Dark Places
Spooky Little Girl
The Wrong Mother: A Novel
The Liars' Club
Swallow the Ocean: A Memoir
Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter
The Glass Castle
The Years Before Anne: The Early Career of Lucy Maud Montgomery, Author of "Anne of Green Gables"
Before Green Gables
Every Secret Thing
In a Strange City


Bobbie's favorite books »

Total Pageviews

Grab A Button

Books Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory